Unauthorized account access

mmuyanja
My account was accessed fraudulently and a payment request made on my debit card linked to the account. I immediately contacted PayPal about this issue, cancelled my bank card and changed my password. I was informed by PayPal that my account was accessed in Johannesburg and I thought great they will be able to see that I am in Qatar. I was shocked to see PayPal had closed my case informing me this was authorised. To be honest I was shocked that PayPal just closed the case without giving me the facts of their investigations. How was it determined that this transaction was authorised. What information do they have access to that I don't. Frankly speaking I doubt that even they tried to investigate because if they had they would notice I cant be in 2 countries at the same time accessing the same account. I even forwarded an email from the fraudsters claiming for security reasons my account had been closed. I knew that was not true as I had just changed the password. So clearly the fraudsters have the upper hand.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.