Unauthorized Case against me. How well do I stand?

Xofttam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I sold an item to a buyer who was trying it on from the start. Telling me he didn't receive it when tracking showed it was delivered and signed for by the buyers name. Then he was trying to get me to refund the whole amount as he didn't want it anymore and wanted a refund first before return. I didn't do that of course. All this time he was messaging me not saying he didn't make the purchase. This is a physical item shipped through the post not digital goods or anything.

Now he has started an unauthorized transaction case against me. This is the first one I have ever had so I am new to this. I have selected that I have ready shipped the product  uploaded the tracking number to the case and selected the carrier (Royal Mail). The tracking page showed delivered and signed. And it says on the page. Signed for by: then the buyers exact first name. Although Royal Mail don't give full addresses on the tracking page, it does show the correct delivery office for the address I was given in Paypal. 

I have also uploaded a screen shot of the full tracking events page from acceptance at the Post Office to Delivered and signed for by the buyer. As well as the Horizon certificate of posting given to me by the Post Office when I shipped the item. Which shows the correct door number and post code as well as the tracking number and weight. Furthermore I have uploaded a picture of the label I printed out and the package I sent out with the label visible. 

Will seller protection cover me? It says on the transaction page, Seller protection, Eligible. Although clicking eligible goes to a PayPal page that says sorry this page doesn't exist 

Any advice would be great

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.