Unauthorised payment - Closed case

Callumpalumpa
New Community Member

Two payments from my Paypal account to Nintendo of £79.99 were taken on 27th Mar 2020. I did not make this purchase, and I did not authorise the transaction. I changed my security details and password as soon as I noticed, and opened a case to Paypal for an unauthorised payment from my account. In the same day, Paypal responds 'We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorised use.'

How can they make that claim when I have the emails from Nintendo AND Paypal claiming I purchased these items from Chile AND Italy in the same day?!?!?!?! I live in the UK, I must have been spending up my air miles if that's the case!

What should I do as I can not get in touch with Paypal customer service due to COVID-19?..

Kind Regards

Callum<removed>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

HaydnExport
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this exact problem yesterday, no idea where the transaction is from , how did you find out where they were from?

Login to Me Too

philiph14258
Contributor
Contributor

me to.

unauthorised payment of £921.98.

i reported in resolution centre , just came back as authorised and closed case.

never even received an enail or a phone call to check so how could they have investigated.

obviously an automatic response due to no staffing.

payment was attempted and refused as not enough funds in my bank account so now paypal saying i owe them the £921.98 and

any money i have going into my paypal account is automatically deducted from what they say i owe them.

Login to Me Too

philiph14258
Contributor
Contributor

just one question.

would i need to report this to the authorities as a cybercrime or simply wait until its possible to contact paypal themselves.?.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.