UNAUTHORIZED BANK WITHDRAWAL

bleusblue
Contributor
Contributor

There was a withdrawal from my bank account on February 17 of 24.98. The bank statement says "misc payment PAYPAL" This transaction is NOT listed on my PAYPAL statement. During the same period, I did make a donation and I think a Xoom screen came up. I didn't know what XOOM was. I went to my PAYPAL account and resigned from Xoom which I had never signed in on. 

I called the bank and was told that since it was an "authorized payment" they could not help me. I removed my bank account from my PAYPAL account, leaving my credit card. I also reduced  my credit card limit. PAYPAL is impossible to get help from since they have no phone line and their "report interface" doesn't even list my problem. I have to click on something to get to the next screen. I do that, clicking on just anything so I can get to a screen and outline the issue. Nobody answers. I had changed my password and initiated 2 tier identity. When I tried to get into my account an alert went up-- could be because I went back to login right after changing the password. I can now SEE my account but cannot do any activity without confirming my identity. My automatic NETFLIX payment has been refused as will other automatic transactions on their due dates. I am asked to confirm my identity by uploading a scan of my passport. This is unacceptable -- PAYPAL has my credit card number, my phone number and they did have my bank account. Why would I risk my passport? I have written several times. I have screen shots of all my messages. The only communication I receive from paypal is the Alert that my account is not available to me. I see that I will have to close down my account for good if I don't get an answer soon -- PAYPAL has no phone service now. I never dreamed that their agents were sitting in a room, not social distancing -- I thought they would be working from independent phones. Well, guess I was wrong.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.