Suspected Fraud

Drakecobby
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I need help with an issue. I purchased something online and they provided a tracking number. I tracked it all week and finally it says it was delivered. I am home all day, it said it was delivered at 11:21am and I went out to check my front door at 11:24am, only three minutes later and I did not see my package anywhere. I immediately called UPS and every time it says it will connect me to an agent, the phone disconnects. I can't even verify where it was delivered to from UPS. I contacted the seller and still waiting for a reply. How long should I wait before I reach out to Paypal? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Drakecobby 

Thanks for posting.

I know that you are having a hard time reaching out to UPS to validate the tracking, however, it is critical to contact them to know what exactly the status of the tracking number is. If it really was associated with your address or someone else's. As soon as you are able to talk to them and confirm that the parcel was not actually delivered to you, then you may need to get a documentation in writing from them on a company letterhead or any form of official stationary that will validate that the item was not delivered to you. It is not necessary to get the address associated with the tracking number (if not yours), rather than a confirmation that it was not shipped to your delivery address as intended. Once you have that evidence available, please open a dispute through PayPal (if you haven't opened yet) selecting "Item not received" as your reason for dispute and case must be escalated to a Claim so PayPal can intervene. To be guided accordingly, please see links below.

I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute? 

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim? 

Note: In the event that the tracking number is associated with your actual delivery address, then you have to go after UPS.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.