Tracking Info Associated to Wrong Purchase

hetrickj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, as Paypal has very limited customer support I am trying to figure out how to file this dispute as they canceled the one I filed.  Here is the basics:

I made two purchases on the same evening.  One was some small parts less than a pound and the other was a garage ceiling storage rack about 75 pounds.  I received the small package and have been waiting on the larger package.  It has not arrived and when I went to check on paypal the shipping info associated to the large package is actually on the small parts purchase...how did that happen?  I opened a dispute and they closed it because they said the tracking number was delivered...but it is associated to the WRONG order.  I tried to contact the seller and have not heard from the company even though I have tried several times.  How does a tracking number get associated to a different purchase?  The small package was less than a pound and the large package should be huge!  I have video of the time of delivery that shows the package is very small...because it is from my other order.

I have been a member of paypal since 2001.  I have never had an issue with purchases before.  I could not believe they only checked the status of delivered without looking at the info I provided.  I am actually shocked.  

I am not sure what to do as they do not have any customer service to speak of right now.  How do you not have IP phones so your people can work from home?

I am wondering if I should just call my bank and file the dispute that way?  

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @hetrickj 

Hope all is well and safe.  I'm so sorry that your dispute was close because this seller was able to provide a tracking number wherein our back office considered this as a valid tracking number.  No worries because as part of Buyers Protection you are entitled to make an appeal.  What's gonna happen during this process is we are giving you ample time (3 days to 10 days maximum) to present a compelling evidence that could support your appeal.  What is the document needed? since we based our decision through the validity of the tracking number so you have to disprove the claim of the seller, how? all you have to is contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel or to check if your street address is even on the address label. If the ship to address is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping company and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. Seller can't be responsible for the security of your premises.  If you have the information needed contact our customer service and file an appeal.  All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.