Text Messages Hacked?

PNPY
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the text message security feature activated which worked properly to access my account and pay for a substantial purchase. Right after making the purchase I received a text message telling me the purchase was marked as suspicious and to reply with a "1" if authorised and a "2" if not authorised. The text message had the exact dollar amount to the penny and was on the same text string number used to deliver the security code for me to access my account. I thought it was legitimate so I texted back only a "1" and I received another text message telling me the payment was not complete and to text back a phone number or email. I checked on my account since I was still logged on and the payment had been properly completed. I firmly believe the text security feature of PayPay has been hacked since I now know this is not legitimate. Since then I've received two additional text requests to respond with a "1" or a "2" for the same payment.

What's going on PayPal? Is it time to cancel my account?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.