Temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment

glimmering-glow
Contributor
Contributor

This is a first for me.  I paid an online merchant with my PP debit card.  Was at the PP site later and noticed the payment was sent and debited from my account as it should have -- but there is a SECOND, pending payment:

"This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when **** completes your order."

It appears that an additional payment (same amount as the first) is being held from my account.

I have called PP and they said to call the merchant.  I called the merchant and they told me to call PP.  So I'm at a loss, and my money is being held -- after a payment was already made.

Help!  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

glimmering-glow
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal again and got a very nice, helpful rep who sent my call to the billing department.  They said I was double billed and voided the pending transaction.  All resolved, thanks to Paypal!  Very grateful.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mncheflisa
Contributor
Contributor

I had 2 debit charges do this - putting my paypal balance in the negative.  I just got off the phone with paypal customer service and they said it was a known issue that has been escalated and that my account should update to the correct balance in 24 to 72 hours!  Rep was nice and I was courteous but I am steaming mad - a negative account means I can't print shipping labels, etc....and I HAVE money in there - they just couldn't handle the year change from 2019 to 2020 and **bleep** stuff up! 

Login to Me Too
Solved

glimmering-glow
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal again and got a very nice, helpful rep who sent my call to the billing department.  They said I was double billed and voided the pending transaction.  All resolved, thanks to Paypal!  Very grateful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.