Someone hacked my account

KBrown98
New Community Member
Someone took $1,000 dollars from my bank account through PayPal. How the hell did that happen? I tried to get gas and my card was declined, n that never happens. So help me understand how someone can get my banking info unless I’ve been hacked
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jesshan87
Contributor
Contributor

The same exact thing happened to my partner. I am speaking on her behalf because she is now not able to access her account. She has 3 $1000 pending withdraws from her bank acc to paypal. She has been unable to contact paypal and she is going to the bank tomorrow to close her bank account. 

Login to Me Too

Jk85
This has just happened to me. Very unacceptable that Oay Pal let this happen. There is no emergency fraud department to contact either. You have to rely on messaging. Totally unacceptable. Fortunately this is not my main bank account and I was able to close it last night immediately!! Thank God the bank has an emergency number. This is unacceptable and I would expect better security with this. I beyond **bleep** right now. It wont let me remove the account on paypal because it is still pending. People need to beware this is obviously a new scam that is being kept quiet because I have been googling and researching and nothing comes up other than email phishing scams.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.