Seller disbute, PayPay Failure.

Danny_c1
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase via PayPal because I thought I would have some protection for my purchase from A company called eGlobal, My order value was nearly £300, eGlobal used MyHermes to deliver the order. The courier decided that it would be OK to leave my parcel on the doorstep as no one was in to receive it! I am still persued eGlobal about this (and am still pursuing) and got nowhere so I decided enough was enough and contacted Paypal. 

I could not believe my eyes when I saw that my claim had been rejected because the seller had said the order had been DELIVERED!

It was Delivered to anybody that walks/walked along my street (London) even if the driver ever left it after taking a photo of said order leaning against my front door.   

Come on Paypal you really need to get your act together how can you do this?  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Danny_c1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to hear that this happened and your disappointment. In general, though, if the courier fails to deliver the item to the addressee and leaves the parcel at the doorstep, it would be the courier who is at fault. For this reason, please file a claim with the courier directly. 

I hope this helps

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Danny_c1
Contributor
Contributor

The contract of sale was with eGlobal, therefore, they are liable. They employ the courier to deliver it, and they failed to fulfil their contract. SO its the employer, not the employee that's liable...

Now that i think of it! why was there never a signature,

Obviously, I am still pursuing the case with eGlobal but distant and their understanding of what I'm saying is ridiculous (broken English or just want to payout) 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.