Seller attempting to pull a scam

AAk6
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys - some help on this would be appreciated, might have happened to someone else in the past as I’ve not seen this scam before. Long story short I bought an item from a Depop seller, seemed legit, item seemed legit from the pictures, later told me to add him on Instagram and pay through PayPal goods and services. It was an expensive item, just under £1k, rare sneakers, seller showed me an invoice/email receipt of purchase too and from the pics he provided all seemed well. So I paid and waited for the item, I had to collect it from a local UPS for some reason as UPS said the sender wanted it that way, this seemed off. Picked up item, opened it and immediately knew the seller sent me a counterfeit pair, they were horrible fakes, completely different to the ones on the pics he provided. I message him, obviously he starts lying denying the fact he sent me fakes and blocks me on Depop and Instagram. Opened case on PayPal and provided third party evidence. As he wasn’t responding anywhere else I had no other option. After a long wait he replied only on the last day of PayPal’s deadlines, PayPal finally told me to send the item back, sent it back special delivery and now he is claiming it’s a different item! It’s like the scam didn’t work the first time round and now he is trying a second time round. My question is has anyone been in this situation before? I can’t afford to lose that sort of money. PayPal have just told me he is claiming it’s a different item and couldn’t provide anything else, they’ve requested further proof from him. Nothing but lies after lies, he’s lying right to the end and I fear these people must be doing this to multiple victims. PayPal is currently reviewing and have told me to wait till the 15th, it’s been almost a month since the case has been open. I’m not sure if this is a known scam or the seller just trying his luck?? I’ve used eBay and PayPal for 15 years and have never seen this before, I’ve noticed a lot of new scams the last 2 years involving PayPal and it is sad to see. Any help would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.