Seller agrees to cancel order and issue refund but keeps delaying refund

JS7272
Contributor
Contributor

A few months ago I bought something from a seller in Italy, who at first promised to ship it out immediately. After payment however, he kept putting off sending it out, using reasons such as  post office Covid restrictions (ok, fair enough but then again, I also bought stuff from other sellers in Italy who didn't seem to have this issue with posting me my orders after purchase). 

After a few weeks, I no longer wanted the item and asked that the order be cancelled, and the seller agreed to cancel. He said he would then send me a refund but again all I get is excuses every week about having to wait for him to have funds to make the refund. 

I opened a Paypal case for missing refund, providing the messages sent by seller promising the refund, but Paypal's decision is that there is no evidence that there is a credit due to me. Do I have any hope in appealing this decision ? Or should I just inform the seller to ship the item after all, and raise a item not shipped/ received if he still does not send it ? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.