Scammed

Pal20
New Community Member

I made a purchase on eBay and paid through PayPal. The seller then cancelled the order and claimed to have made a refund through PayPal. However after 4 failed refunds he has now conveniently disappeared and can no longer be contacted either by the eBay account or email. 

I have tried to contact PayPal but left frustrated by the fact there is no direct help available. The message service is like talking to a toddler and I do not know when and if any agent will contact me directly. I cannot open a dispute because I just get the message 'We're unable to file a case on this transaction' as the refund has been received when at the same time the PayPal account shows it has been cancelled. 

I have neither received the goods nor the refund of £1500 and feel scammed by the seller, eBay (who boast 'Money back guarantee') and PayPal (who readily took money from my account and paid the seller promptly, when for a large purchase it claims it holds the money to ensure completion of the transaction before releasing it).

I'd appreciate help from anyone who has undergone anything similar and managed to get their refund back from PayPal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.