Scammed

Derickbooks0511
New Community Member
OK so I made a purchase off of Facebook marketplace and the guy sold me some magic cards he told me he would ship out soon as I sent the payment and update me with tracking within a few hours so I sent the money it was $350 for a couple booster boxes and collector packs well 10 hours go by and I never heard back I messaged him and said hey if you don’t send me the tracking I’m gonna open up a dispute you’ve ignored me the entire day he message back cussing saying he can’t stand it when sellers act this way I told him I understand I just want the tracking you said it would be a couple hours and it’s Ben 10 hours now well he ignores me again then I open up a dispute he messages me back and says drop the dispute I’ll send you the tracking information he sent me a tracking number And it was a fake tracking to wrong address and a different state . Long story short the dispute got escalated and it’s looking like a 20 day or longer wait . My question is this I paid on a credit card and I’m going to get hit with interest if this takes as long as it says is there anything I can do to speed up the process or do I have any options outside waiting a month
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Derickbooks0511 

All that could have been condensed into 'i opened a dispute for non receipt of item' do i have to wait 20 days or can it be quicker' ??

Anyway you have 'up to' 20 days to escalate a dispute to a claim, you do not have to wait 20 before you do so.

However once its a claim paypal 'normally' give the seller 10 days to provide trackable proof of delivery and then they review / refund BUT they can extend that if the transaction is international OR in the present circumstances when they are working with reduced staffing levels due to covid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.