Scammed by Ebay Buyer .

Cosmos130
Contributor
Contributor

1)In MARCH 2018 I sold a digital/virtual game account on ebay  and paypal processed  payment  .

2)In July 2018 Buyer initiated  this (buyer disputed the €2xx charge for the following reason: Unauthorised payment. We were notified about the dispute by the buyer's financial institution. We opened a case and contacted you for more information.

3)On 14 th August paypal  send me this 

In addition, a $20.00 USD chargeback fee has been debited from your PayPal account.

Intangible goods or Services are not covered under seller protection.
If the financial institution decides the case in your favour, we'll notify you when the payment is returned to your PayPal account.

4) I do not understand why I got to pay $20 charge back and also my money been withheld by paypal.

Hope someone can help me understand .What exactly going on here..Paypal.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cosmos130

Buyer did a chargeback directly via his card issuer and NOT as a Paypal dispute.

In that situation the card issuer makes any decisions and not Paypal, although Paypal will forward any information on your behalf.

If the card company finds in favour of their client then they get a refund and you also get charged the credit card companies 'processing fee'.

Normally you would be covered by seller protection BUT as it was a virtual transaction then there is no Paypal seller protection (you can sell them but at your own risk unfortunately).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cosmos130
Contributor
Contributor

Whats Disputing with financial institution on your behalf?

If the financial institution decides the case in your favour, we'll notify you when the payment is returned to your PayPal account.

We understand that you may not have been expecting this case. If your PayPal account balance now shows an amount owing to us, please restore your balance.

We'll email you if we need any further information from you.

Thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely,

Whats this ? Is this case close or they are still trying to get back the money.

PayPalgrabilla.g12316.png

Login to Me Too

Noael
Contributor
Contributor
It means its closed he won. Same thing happened to me a charge back that I didn't expect for a virtual transaction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.