PayPal not following motorized policy

Qicide
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer with no feedback or history sniped my cars auction on eBay without any inspection or questions. After receiving the car they claim it has a plethora of issues and will not start even though I provided videos and drove to the trailer. The buyer opened a dispute and PayPal rules in their favor and will force me to refund when the car is returned. The first issue is this is in blatant violation of their policy that does not cover motorized vehicle transactions and secondly how can they expect me to accept a return on a vehicle that the customer significantly damaged. Additionally the buyer has changed eBay names and has bid on over 30 vehicles in the following days and is winning 8 which leads me to believe this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qicide 

Firstly contact Paypal and explain it was a motor vehicle which is not covered under buyer protection.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Secondly are you sure it was a paypal dispute and not a chargeback done directly via their card issuer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.