Scammed and Unhappy

DadData1309
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently tried to buy a nintendo switch from gamemart.site, and recently the site is now showing up as: ip not found. It's been two weeks and I'm not sure what to do. I have a feeling I've been scammed, and on top of that, PayPal won't let me issue a refund. And the seller's info is minimal, I doubt they will be replying to me or allowing to let me refund the item. I don't want $199.99 down the drain, please, I need some help.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Dscotti
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase on 9/16/20 to the same website, Gamemart.site that no longer exists. The information on the PayPal translation Reciept provides is very little information. I have yet not received any information back or confirmation on my purchase. I payed $299.99. PayPal “help” informs to contact the seller. Well I emailed the seller through PayPal as it suggests and no answer! There has to be another option for us customers to get our money back.
Login to Me Too

TayTatum
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me i ordered on September 15 2020 from gamemart site paid $199.99 for a Nintendo switch still no package as of today It was weird because there wasn't any taxes to pay i should've left the site then when I've notice that no way to contact the merchant the paypal call center suck they "claim" they are always flooded with calls and it sad that people scam other people out of their money I doubt we will get help for our lost but lesson is learned for me.
Login to Me Too

TayTatum
Contributor
Contributor
Update: I received that clear plastic iphone case as well just realize that it was the scam product when I read other post about people getting a clear phone case so this is what they sent instead of the Nintendo switch I've already accepted that this is a lost and nothing will be done about it.but if something can be done I want my money.
Login to Me Too

DadData1309
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE

PayPal finally issued for a refund after the item arrived- not the Nintendo Switch but a plastic phone case.
However, the seller's condition is: return item for full refund of 199.99. 
The big issue is, they gave an invalid address in China and I cannot physically sent the package back to receive my refund. Do I contact PayPal again? I literally cannot finish the refund condition with an invalid address which is likely fake and all. I just want my refund, but it seems this seller's not wanting to comply since they gave a fake shipping address that I've repeatedly inputted into the USPS shipping label creation site. There's not zip code, no city, and the address is also in Chinese. 
I'm getting really tired and I just want my refund. I probably won't be shopping online for a while

Login to Me Too

Dscotti
Contributor
Contributor
I also received something from China and it was a clear cell phone cover with all Chinese writing. I’ve never received my Nintendo switch and instead a plastic phone cover. I already place a dispute but heard nothing back from PayPal. I will never order from online again or do it through PayPal if I don’t have this resolved.
Login to Me Too

TayTatum
Contributor
Contributor
Once you get a valid address let us know it would be helpful. So I can send that plastic back to them.
Login to Me Too

DadData1309
Contributor
Contributor

The translated address PayPal finally gave me was: 

Specialty Store
Baoding City, Hebei <removed> CN, Tangxian East Road Central Public House, Tangxian East Road.

I hope that helps in any way. 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.