Scam

Llucyh
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scammed on Depop for £70, they have deleted the item and have not responded to any of my messages.. they were also very sneaky and made sure that I sent the money through ‘friends and family’ so I do not have buyer protection.. is there absolutely anything else I can do to get my money back even if it means taking actions further, outside of PayPal?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Llucyh 

Hope all is well and safe.  I'm so sorry to hear about what has happen on your account.  Yes, you were right there is no buyers' protection if teh mode of payment is done via " friends and family" but you can have other option to recover the money which is outside of PayPal, such as filing a police report or reach out to your card issuer in which i'm pretty sure that they offer extra protection to their valued customer as well.  I hope i was able to assist you. Stay Safe.  

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.