Scam: Amelia Quilts aka ECrafta aka Printabel

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor
Amelia Quilt purchase

I purchased a king and 2 twin quilts, totaling over $150 and I emailed them several times asking the status as I purchased these in early November 2018 as Christmas presents. I received conflicting responses and on 12/24 contacted paypal saying I never received the items. Then they gave ma and also gave paypal a tracking #... and lo and behold this item was delivered to my mailbox today (DHL and originated in CHINA-the company claimed to be in Oregon USA). This is a total ripoff scam!! The ONE and only item delivered was a 2 foot by 3 foot joke of a very poor quality "quilt". It is too small for my dog bed... I have been a paypal member since its inception and I fully expect my money back from Paypal. This was not the item ordered, it was not the item as described and it was no where near the king, and 2 twin quilts I paid for. If paypal doesn't protect us from this, I will be shocked. I will also make sure I take any and all avenues available to me to ensure I get my money back. Right now my issue is still "in dispute" and I am awaiting a call back from paypal as the hold time was close to an hour. I have all the documentation, screen shots, pictures etc. This is a classic scam that I unfortunately (as did many) fell victim to. Isnt this what buyer protection is supposed to protect us from??

UPDATE Paypal called back and said not to worry, that they changed it to an "Item not received as described" issue and that they would change it and send me an email where I could upload pictures and any info. They said I would get an email from Paypal.

UPDATE I did not get this email, so I went back to paypal online and changed the claim type myself and uploaded photos, plus the BBB and other known scam info to Paypal. I certainly hope that the buyer protection applies here... the agent told me it surely does and not to worry... but after reading other community responses here in this forum, I am somewhat concerned. I will update so that the community knows if Paypal stands behind us and truly protects is  and will let you all know the outcome. The man on the phone said the seller will have only 3 days to provide proof that they sent what I ordered, which will not be possible, as they certainly did not do so. My main concern is that I never did get the email the man on the phone from Paypal said I would get, and he did not change the claim as he said he would- I did that myself. Why this company is allowed to remain a member of Paypal is another concern...

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Sisterofwine
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem. Ordered quilt in October - didn’t get it. Emails to company have been returned undeliverable. Filed a claim with PayPal with just a couple days to spare - Regulation E requires that PayPal refunds the money.
Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, sorry  ou got ripped of too! my emails wer bounced back just recently. Good luck with paypal, my experience with them has not been good.They won't care , and will do nothing! believe me !Paypal took the $64.90 ou t of my checking  then!  took it from my Visa card on file! 

Login to Me Too

Sisterofwine
Contributor
Contributor
It’s the law for PayPal to refund the money when Visa/MC is used (credit or debit card). ACH transfers from your bank account are also covered. It’s called Regulation E. I’m a bank examiner - so if they don’t comply - they’ll be hearing from their regulator (CFPB & IRS)
Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

Thnak you !  That's good info to have on hand.. a bank examiner on our side now .. how great! 

Login to Me Too

Gina75
Contributor
Contributor

tks for the info

I am a victim of the same scam

Login to Me Too

MommaChris
I ordered a cat quilt in November of 2018 and just received it today. It’s the most hideous thing ever. Looks like a baby blanket. Thin and cheap. I wouldn’t have bought this in a store at all. And it’s worth about 5$. Lesson learned. Terrible.
Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

@MommaChris wrote:
I ordered a cat quilt in November of 2018 and just received it today. It’s the most hideous thing ever. Looks like a baby blanket. Thin and cheap. I wouldn’t have bought this in a store at all. And it’s worth about 5$. Lesson learned. Terrible.

Hi Momma Chris, my take is this  : Never use Paypal for any purchase, ever again. Several of us have been clearly scammed by these Emacotton or Ecrafta thieves in Asia, and Paypal will do nothing for their customers. Im Serena .In Santa Barar got ripped off Naov 5th I ordered this quilt for our baby boy for hristmas, No quilt, nothing, but then a nunch a fake emails in January when I complained to paypal.

Login to Me Too

TonyaLK
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal did not honor their policies. Would not assist me. This was fraud committed by a fake quilt company. I see they are back advertising on Facebook under a different name. What a load of crap!!!
Login to Me Too

dragonfly2
New Community Member

Had the same thing happen to me and PayPal denied my claim. I want use PayPal anymore.

Login to Me Too

gina1061
New Community Member

I had a simular issue, I ordered 4 blankets.  After filing a dispute with PayPal I too amazing got a tracking number and received 3 of the blankets.  Case was closed.  I opened a new dispute for the blanket, PayPal did not support my claim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.