Ripped off by Pay Pal when they knew this was a fraudulent company !!!

Tpersia
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Nintendo Switch on 7/17/2020 through "Best Online Shop" (should be best online Chinese rip off shop).  I never received the product and lodged a complaint which was just denied after 2 months.  Apparently this "online shop" is know for their fraudulent activity and yet Pay Pal sided with them.  I was told Pay Pal has a tracking number and it was delivered. Really?  When and how can I get this tracking number?

I am sure there are many people being ripped off from this company. I will not stop until I am reimbursed. !!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tpersia 

These 'chinese' shops either use a too lame and generic a name such as Best Online Shop or too weird/nonsensical/difficult to pronounce name. If you shop around long enough, you can spot what stores to avoid easily.

You can do a chargeback with your card issuer if that is how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tpersia
Contributor
Contributor

Great idea, I will do that.  I figured it was safe if I ordered and paid via Pay Pal. I see now that I was wrong.

Thank s

Login to Me Too

BusterMark
Contributor
Contributor
oh okay, so buyer beware. got it. great advice. thanks so much.
Login to Me Too

BusterMark
Contributor
Contributor
you must be really cool at parties.
Login to Me Too

BusterMark
Contributor
Contributor
You sound like someone in great need of a $256 Umbrella Hanger.
Login to Me Too

BusterMark
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here. Ordered a Nintendo Switch from Bestonlineshop with expedited shipping. Lodged a dispute and told it was being shipped 3 months later. Finally received what was labeled an “Umbrella Hanger”. Umbrella’s already have built in hangers on the handle. It was just a crazy looking peice of plastic.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.