Richard <removed>

svancarova
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Iam absolutelly new on paypal,unfortunetelly I was stolen ony first trasaction.Do you somebody know man from Nairobi,Kenya called Richard <removed> or his son Brian <removed>?They bought lhone from me,and every day want money,send by western union and told,rhat paypal dont release my money. I have lot emails from "paypal" but Iam afraid it is fake. Do you have some same experience with this person?aThanks a lot

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @svancarova 

Without knowing the names given below, I must have to assume that it sounds spoof to me. If you are getting a lot of emails from PayPal, I encourage you to login to your PayPal account directly. That is the best way for you to understand if you already have received the payment or not / OR / if there's any action awaiting for you notified by the notification bell - that will direct your either to the Resolution Center or message center.

To spot a fake email please see below.

How to spot fake, spoof, or phishing emails 

How do I report potential fraud to PayPal? 

I also wanted to take this opportunity to inform you of some potential reasons as to why payment will be held up.

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable? 

Why won’t my payment be available for 21 days? 

Why is my payment being held? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@svancarova 

@Ragnar_Lothbrok 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for other reasons paying either by gift cards or by western union or moneygram etc.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.