Returns and refund

Zhitingg
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased close to 300usd worth of item and is seeking partial refunds of $100 on my item that came unlike description and was ready to return them. I raised a dispute over this and althouh paypal ruled it in my favour, i was told that the seller will be doing a full refund of the initial amount. Does that means I now have to return all goods? I am only seeking on partial refunds. =( And its my first dispute, what if the seller says I didnt return fully even if i Did? Can any one help?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zhitingg 

Have paypal told you to return the item for a full refund?

Have you escalated to a claim yet?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zhitingg
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Yes its escalated to a full blown dispute. Becauze seller refuse to budge and only want to pay me $50 out of the $108 despite my numberous to tell him that i dont even want his products and will send him back with him bearing the shipping back since i pay for mine dutifully when i bought from him. And suddenly paypal ruled it in my favour and say seller will refund full $279 if i return item. Some items are already no longer with me. How do i even go about returning them and those were the product that came as described(fit for selling). The paypal agents are not helpful either. All they did were copying and pasting everything i can read myself within their terms and condition but didnt mentioned or help about my enquiries for just partial refunds. Gosh im so exasperated now.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zhitingg 

A dispute is between you and the seller to negotiate and resolve any issues, but once escalated to a claim for paypals involvement the ONLY option they give you is return of ALL what you received back to the seller for a FULL refund. 

Paypal do not get involved in part returns or part refunds.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/sg/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-my-return-shipping-cost-un...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zhitingg
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowloss Okay i understand better now. That the only option PayPal rules in favour of buyer is only FULL REFUND but not PARTIAL REFUNDS. that to say, if i can redeem all my purchases from my customers and sent all back to seller. What happen if seller received, paypal traced and verified that item all delivered but seller lies and say I DIDNT SELL ALL ITEM BACK. Will paypal dispute for us again on this and i risk the possibility of not getting any refunds+losing the actual whole lot of $279 worth of goods i returned? Sorry for being angsty. And i appreciate your reply so so much.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zhitingg 

Normally if you send back trackable and tracking proves delivery then you get a refund.

I have yet to hear of a seller successfully stating item received back were not what was sent and the dispute being reversed (although I suppose it must have happened) BUT the seller would need to provide a LOT of proof including weight of item send to weight of item returned etc.

But normally paypal would expect a police report and a lot of proof and even then they may just leave it to law enforcement or a small claims court to sort out and I very much doubt you would get that with an international sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zhitingg
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Oh wow.. so i guess i will need go to find back some of my customers to retrieve the few item sold and return to India. Will the refund be released as soon as item are delivered? Sorry for my lack of knowledge and I thought that the seller was so nice to want refund me all till you explained that there was no partial refund option for them at all. As much as I feel bad about this whole matter because i truly only wanted the partial refund of $108 instead of $279. Yet knowing that i am dealing with a bad apple and i trying my best to make sure the refund take place after item is delivered. 🙌🙌 @kernowlass your reply has been real helpful thus far.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.