Returned the item RTX 3080 to the seller because the box came damaged but I did not receive a refund

tomaskungys11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone.

My problem is: I bought item: Nvidia RTX 3080 (2020-11-03) video card off eBay and the item box came damaged (2020-11-17), it was an expensive investment, so I decided not to take the risk and return it.

I made an eBay return item case (2020-11-17) and sent the item back to the seller (2020-11-27). The seller received item (2020-12-05) but through eBay refused to refund the money and eBay support advised to contact PayPal. I opened not as described case on PayPal (2020-12-10).

At first my case was denied (2020-12-20) because "the dispute was submitted with insufficient information/documentation to support the claim". After this I contacted message center, appealed my case and provided additional information.

But second time my case was denied (2020-12-24) because: "The decision was made because we did not receive a response from you with supporting details for the case." Maybe it was because link in which PayPal requires uploading documents was broken and I uploaded it straight to the chat, but PayPal support agent replied that they see now additional documents uploaded in the chat and everything is ok, I should just wait for decision.

Third time case was denied (2020-12-25) again because of the same reason “The decision was made because we did not receive a response from you with supporting details for the case.” Although I uploaded the documents again.

For the fourth time my case was denied (2020-12-28) because: “This decision was made because our records show that this transaction was processed correctly.”

For the fifth time my case was denied (2021-01-08) for this reason: “This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described”.

Now that I am writing this post (2020-01-10), as I understand the main reason why can't I get a refund is that the damaged box does not meet “significantly not as described” terms. However, for me it was a very expensive purchase and I looked at everything very carefully. The damaged box made me very upset because this item cost me my 2 monthly salaries, I saved money for this video card half of year, so I didn't want the slightest risk that there will be something wrong. I also filled a police report, but they recently called and said that they can't help. If there is no way to get the money back it will be very depressing. Even considering ending my life.

I will try to appeal the case again, I hope to somehow recover what belongs to me.

Regards, Tomas

Addition (photos of the damaged box) :

<removed>

Case ID:

PP-D-94232720 (item)

PP-D-94232723 (shipping)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tomaskungys11
Contributor
Contributor

The case is appealed to senior Claims department, hope for the best.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.