Requesting refund as scammed

pollux2709
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I tried to buy an Overwatch account from someone in Discord for $50 and after I sent him money he disappeared. 

I've already filed on resolution center, and when I hit "Report a Problem" there were only two options which were "Unauthorized" one and "I want to report an issue with a remittance". So I picked Unauthorized one but obviously it wasn't about it so the review was concluded as nothing found. 

Now I'm trying to re do it and it is pain in the **bleep**. The website won't let me do it because it's already concluded and when I called Paypal the automated system drives me nuts. 

What should I do in this situation? Please help me out.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

CRW25
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with another company.

Paypal closed my claim in favour of the company and i can't access the case as appeal the outcome does not come up in resolution centre.

Where do you go now I have just filed another claim and am then going to record a complaint.

Let me know if you find another way

Login to Me Too

lina007
New Community Member

I had exactly same problem with a seller.  I didn't receive the item I purchased.  Resolution center won't let me report a report.  How do you open up another claim/ or file a dispute?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pollux2709 

Sounds as if you paid using the friends / family option if you could only choose one of the 2 dispute criteria and could not choose non receipt of item or not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.