Released funds early.

Deb47591
Contributor
Contributor
My account was limited yesterday. Ebay is holding my money for 21 day and I understand that. But just before they placed the limitations they posted my last sell of $484 in my spending balance. Why did they only release that? I thought everything was on hold.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb47591 

Nope Ebay and Paypal parted company about 5 years ago and are 2 totally separate companies.

In fact Ebay are looking to put in their own payment processor in the future and not making paypal compulsory anymore from what i hear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb47591 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and you would need to ask Ebay why.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Deb47591
Contributor
Contributor
I thought Ebay and Paypay were the same company just different names.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deb47591 

Nope Ebay and Paypal parted company about 5 years ago and are 2 totally separate companies.

In fact Ebay are looking to put in their own payment processor in the future and not making paypal compulsory anymore from what i hear.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.