Refunds after the new payment process

Edd200sx
Contributor
Contributor
So I bought an item early February 21 via eBay Item never arrived so I requested a refund You’d have thought that it would be refunded to the payment source? Oh no it goes into PayPal and gets lost in space and you’ll never see it again. I’ve contacted PayPal chat around 30 times and every time I get a different explanation or solution including uploading id to waiting 24/48/72 hours. Well all the hours passed about 2 weeks ago now and someone still has my refund in their account. I can’t work out if this is caused eBay or PayPal. I had no idea debit cards still got processed by PayPal and frankly why should I start chasing PayPal when it was eBay I dealt with? I’ve kissed goodbye to my £120 now it’s costing me more in lost work than trying to get it.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Imsubh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Edd200sx 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I would like to inform you that when the refund happens from PayPal then it always go to original form of payment. For eg. if you use PayPal balance then it will go to PayPal balance and if you use card or bank then it will go to card or bank only. Here's how refund works

I hope this helps!

Imsubh

Login to Me Too

Edd200sx
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been waiting for about six weeks with excuse after excuse. Messaged PayPal around 30 times and received many copy paste replies already.. My bank has the details of this fraud now and will be dealing with it.
Login to Me Too

Imsubh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Edd200sx 

Sorry to hear that, in this situation I suggest please contact us by login from your account so that we can check and help you. 

I hope this helps!

Imsubh

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.