Refund

laurenrileyg
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased on eBay using PayPal. The seller has refused to post the item as the funds are “on hold” by Paypal on his side. He then accused me of threatening him when I simply asked for a refund if he won’t post. The seller has still refused to post or provide me with a refund. He has now listed the item again and sold to someone else - he still has my money also. I’ve tried to raise a case on Paypal but could only file this as “unauthorised access” which was denied. I now also cannot open a new case or open a case on eBay. How do I get my money back?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @laurenrileyg ,

Hope everything is well despite of the pandemic that we are all going through right now.

You can dispute the transaction for "item not received" instead of "unauthorized transaction".

Please clink link for better understanding about the situation.

What if I didn't receive my item or it's not as advertised? 

I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos and accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

laurenrileyg
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @Julz07 Thank you. Unfortunately it will not allow me to do so as I already opened a dispute on Paypal which was closed and came back as “not supported”. I have just received another message from the seller saying “there will be no refund as you have not paid” - I have paid but the transaction is showing as on hold to him and he’s now sold the item to someone else. I also cannot open anything through eBay due to the dispute on Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.