Refund

pranavbansal
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

So i had transferred a sum to a seller, and he/she didn't parcel my order. I then went on to the Resolution Centre and reported and "unauthorized" transaction. This was obviously my mistake. And as you may know I am unable to report another problem through the resolution centre. I have also contacted the seller and am receiving no positive reply from them. Could anyone please assist me on this. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pranavbansal 

Selecting unauthorised was telling paypal that your account was hacked and someone made that transaction without your consent.

Paypal would view IP addresses / devices and see that you made the transaction so of course it would be closed.

You can't open another dispute BUT you could try contacting customer services and explain you made a mistake and sometimes they will open one for you.

Or if you funded that payment via a credit card then see if your card holder will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pranavbansal 

Selecting unauthorised was telling paypal that your account was hacked and someone made that transaction without your consent.

Paypal would view IP addresses / devices and see that you made the transaction so of course it would be closed.

You can't open another dispute BUT you could try contacting customer services and explain you made a mistake and sometimes they will open one for you.

Or if you funded that payment via a credit card then see if your card holder will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pranavbansal
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank You! 

PayPal has agreed to change my reason. 🙂

Login to Me Too

crazyray1970
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly my situation.  unauthorized transaction was the only option that was available and so I had to choose it and now they closed the dispute.

How do I contact customer service to have this reopened because I am not letting the seller get away with this deliberate fraud?

Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crazyray1970 

Your problem may be different if you 'only' had the unauthorised  option and did not select it by mistake.

Can you confirm how you paid ie was it goods/services OR friends/family?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

crazyray1970
Contributor
Contributor
If I remember correctly, I had a balance and my bankcard was attached and so it split the payment. It was for 2 photo sets at $50 each and i paid it and then was consistently ignored about either getting the photos or a refund. I have screenshots of the entire conversation.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crazyray1970 

Again how did you pay, did you use the goods/services option or friends/family.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

crazyray1970
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't remember seeing options like that. Just sent the money to this user.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crazyray1970 

ok the does it say PAYMENT on the transaction or SENT.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

crazyray1970
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.