Refund on purchase

GjGafr
New Community Member

I recently refused import Tax and fees of £80 on a £200 product in early January. The DPD app clearly offered two solutions. Either pay the amount and receive delivery or return the item to it’s company owner in France. The company agreed I could refuse and it would be returned to them no problem. This was now a month ago and the item seems to be stuck in customs. The shop will not refund me until it arrives back. Having refused the delivery as suggested by the shop should they now not just refund me as it is their problem with the courier they used or are they ok to be holding the money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GjGafr 

Any import charges are between you and your government and should be nothing to do with the seller.

So not sure they should miss out and refund you before they have received their item back as they have been put to another inconvenience already.

Paypal only covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described as neither apply then its between you and your seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GjGafr 

Any import charges are between you and your government and should be nothing to do with the seller.

So not sure they should miss out and refund you before they have received their item back as they have been put to another inconvenience already.

Paypal only covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described as neither apply then its between you and your seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.