Refund of Original Shipping - Faulty Item

MelissaJT
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item via a private sale on Facebook. I paid $59.20 which covered the item and postage.
It arrived faulty/damaged which the seller has accepted responsibility for. She has agreed for me to return it however, has offered to only refund $50 and wants me to cover postage to send it back (happy to do that) But not for her to keep my original postage amount.
She didn't cover the cost of postage so why should she get to keep that amount?
I've opened a dispute but before I escalate it I was hoping to get some advice.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

eddiechiacp
New Community Member

I received an item faulty, I have ask the seller, but seller did not reply, I have open a dispute case on paypals. After the review, I was instructed from paypals to ship back the item. I shipped back the item as per paypals instruction, fill in tracking number and send photo of the shipment detail. I waited for paypals review. On 1 of feb, I received as message from paypals that the case was "deny", the reason was "did not provide the tracking details they requested".  I have filled in all the info and provide tracking number as per request, paypals send me a mail saying they will send the info to the seller, I waited for 2 weeks, they say the case was "Deny". What can I do next, the item already send to the seller, write to the seller, did not reply. 

I really have no confident in buying in Ebay any more and lack of confident in paypals decision, this is the first time I return an item which is faulty. Please advice what I can do. Million Thanks..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.