Refund my money

GregAntonie
Contributor
Contributor

I need help to claim my money. Its was long time ago this problem.i need advice about this problem or i want to close this account.can you guys gave the money or refund the money.

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EthanStanton1 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SickOfPP
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck to you …. these people have, in my view, stolen $400 from me - and since they "sold" the dud gift cards, lodging a claim is a farce …..they will "investigate" themselves. What a joke

Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

It happens all the time nowadays

back in the day I used to be a power seller on eBay.

now I won’t even try too.

its full of scams nowadays.

its a high percentage of ebays sales now, scams pay fees too.

the worst one I’ve had happen to me, was I brought a listed as new, microwave. It turned up used, and smashed to pieces. I couldn’t send it back or contact the seller. So I opened a case with eBay and both PayPal. Both eventually did nothing and let them keep the money.

i digged deeper into it, and found the listing was made from HMS Ford prison, by a prisoner already serving time for fraud, and he’d been selling stolen goods in prison using eBay, and because you can’t contact prisoners without they’re permission neither eBay nor PayPal could either, and the dispute was settled in they’re favour, simply because of that.

Selling things from prison? And eBay and PayPal still award them the money? And as far as I’m award the Account is still active and selling things to this day.

Go figure? They’re all in on it nowadays. You couldn’t prove it otherwise too me.

Hence I no longer trade world wide.

you don’t know who you can trust these days, you really don’t.

as for getting your money back. Good luck, like I’m saying, if they’ve paid they’re fees, you have little chance.

kudos given for being honest about your situation. It’s rare to read a story, in this web of lies.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @RSebire,

We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. You can find more information here.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Zamboon
Contributor
Contributor
I agree.....online buying with PayPal will eventualy come to an end....buyer protection is a joke....PayPal make millions....why not invest in technology to flag scammers.....losing money to scammers suck...LONDON MEICHI COY ARE SCAMMERS!!!!
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I filed a dispute with AMEX and they credited my account for the amount billed by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

JP210
Contributor
Contributor
That won’t work, if it’s anything like my tenoutlet purchase. PayPal sent me shipping confirmation and tracking. Product never arrived and PayPal said it never happened. Go to your bank and get them to close the account. Don’t trust PayPal to protect your money.
Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

You can try it buddy but you will be damned lucky to get anything.  I have been a paypal customer for too many years, and to be honest I no longer trust them either. you have more hope of speaking to Bob Hope, if you paid by card and you contact your bank.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I’m in an ongoing dispute to with PayPal to refund $15.96 for an item that was purchased from a merchant using PayPal. The merchant Berrylook.com is actually located in China and the email associated with this account does not exist. The merchant sent me an item that is not as described on their website. The first offer was for a $5.00 refund which I refused. The second offer was to ship the merchandise back to China, which bears a cost of $65; that is $50 more than I paid for the item. PayPal will not issue me a full credit. I now filed a dispute with American Express requesting they do not issue a payment to PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

MissJudy62
Contributor
Contributor

I use PayPal because I thought they had your back with these issues,I was wrong.  I would use another company but I don't know of any others that do this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.