Reborn Doll Shop SCAM

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

How many people have been scammed by <removed> or another similar website? I am beyond FURIOUS that PayPal will not settle the dispute in my favor! The doll I received was a cheap $5 doll that I could have picked up at Walmart. I feel like PayPal is part of this scam because they have so many disputes about this website, but they continue to partner with them and allow sales to happen and people to be scammed. Well, guess what PayPal? I won't stop until I get my refund!

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Danielle3000
Contributor
Contributor
Just received this plastic doll im beyond **bleep** my daughter is in tears. I ordered a silicon baby and they sent me a a doll in pieces the legs was not attached i payed $128 for a $20 doll. Just got scammed.
Login to Me Too

Kalysa1982
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed too have been on the phone to PayPal again today and I explained about these Chinese scammers advertising reborn dolls and I told them how they are stealing real reborn doll photos and comments from the real reborn doll artists websites and posting them on there fake website I told the PayPal agent that all these company names are on the reborn doll scam list and if they look at the website you can see it isn’t a secure website but they said they can’t investigate that the only way you can get a refund is to send the plastic scam doll back to China fully tracked and only when they can see the doll has been delivered to the seller will they give a full refund it is disgusting all these scam doll websites are listed on the scam list and they won’t get them shut down they say they can’t it is ridiculous. These Chinese scammers have no conscience they have no heart. I am sorry you were scammed too and your poor child.PayPal disgusts me as so many people have complained about these reborn doll scammers and still they can’t force the seller to refund our money unless we send the plastic scam doll back so these criminals just keep stealing from good people and get away with it it is disgusting.
Login to Me Too

BD68
Contributor
Contributor
I read to do a charge back with your bank. Not sure how but I will be calling my bank to notify them of the situation if PayPal or the seller didn't provide me with a return label and tracking info. We should all do that, it hurts the sellers reputation and the bank instead it with PayPal. And PayPal charges the seller a fee for the bank getting involved because the bank charges PayPal. We as a paying consumer need to be heard.
Login to Me Too

Sarahr627
I wish I had seen all the warnings before I wasted my money. The minute we opened the doll my heart sank. I emailed customer service and told them their product is a disappointment, but I’m not going to pay a ridiculous price to ship it back to China.
Login to Me Too

Kalysa1982
Contributor
Contributor
So sorry to hear you got scammed too yes it is very disappointing that PayPal knows there a scam and still won’t do anything about it.
Login to Me Too

nuyrbaby
Contributor
Contributor

They know this and that's why they scam people.  I am disappointed at Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

PaulaAnne
Contributor
Contributor
They offered me $3 for a doll that I paid them 41.98 for. It was half the size 8.5 inches instead of 17. No hair although it was supposed to be hand rooted Mohair. Closed eyes instead of open. Looks like my baby that died when I lost her at 17 weeks. It's body was like a deflated balloon. I ordered 2 on the same day. The other one was as disappointing and nothing like the description. They offered me $10 for that one. Oh, and I can keep their trash. PayPal needs to make it right.
Login to Me Too

Mad-Wolfie
Contributor
Contributor

i've been caught out on this one myself. 

My other half wanted a realborn doll for her 60th birthday, so ordered what was decribed as a 22" silicon reborn, not only did we have to wait weeks upon weeks for it to arrive, what we got looked like something out of a discount toy shop intended for a 7 year old that was less than half the advertised size.

Contacted the shop & nothing happened to try to resolve the issue, got totally ignored, so filed the case on Jun 24th with paypal - even sent pictures & so far all that keeps happening is "We're reviewing the information" & the Estimated case resolution date gets pushed forward each time i check progress.

End result, i'm waiting for the issue to be sorted & to get a refund otherwise i'm $80 / £65 out of pocket.

Just checked the Vekees website & lo & behold it's "offline".  i've also checked a few independent review sites (if only they were as active before i ordered) with numerous complaints of a similar nature & within my research even found some claims the website is run as a shell by a "business" who deals in what can be described as "adult entertainment" & uses the scam sites to prop up their finances to fund their activities.

i don't know if i'm more disgusted in the website that is getting away with this scam or Paypal for not giving a toss about sorting out a solution & issuing refunds when we are assured our purchases are protected!

Login to Me Too

djensen0820
Contributor
Contributor
Would you please go to the Rebornshoppe website and share your review? They won't post one star reviews, but if you give them a five star review, but tell what happened to you in the body of the review, maybe we can keep others from being scammed like we were, and hopefully cost this company more money than in lost profits than what we are out.
Login to Me Too

Mad-Wolfie
Contributor
Contributor

@djensen0820 as i explained above though, the Vekees site is now (suspiciously) offline, so i can't leave a review to warn others & generally you can't find any "bad" reviews on google etc unless you specifically search for them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.