Purchased an Xbox (ebay) - Now faulty and should never have been sold - PayPal refused Claim

ElNevera
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I bought a used Xbox One X on ebay 3 months ago. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago where the Xbox has developed a fault and it won't work.

I checked with Microsoft and it still had some warrenty left and even though I was the original owner they were happy to proceed with the RMA.

That was until they did some checks on their systems and suddenly became unhelpful. It turns out 'a' previous owner of this Xbox raised a repair on it and was sent a replacement console before being asked to send the faulty one back. They chose to not send it back and sell it instead. Now it is in my hands I am stuck with a faulty device that I paid good money for and Microsoft won't help due to the fact it should have been returned to them in the past.

I contacted the ebay seller who obviously said they had no idea etc etc and they themselves bought it used.

I felt like my only option was a Paypal disupte using the 'not as described' option. I did that yesterday but this morning got up to an email stating the claim is unsuccessful. How can that possibly be? I have tried contacted Paypal via phone but so far i've been unable to speak to an actual human! It is very frustrating. Before I spend any more time trying to find a human at Paypal, am I right to think that this does actually fall under 'not as described'?

Thanks,

Simon

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.