Purchase protecting on item that was not received and website no longer exists...

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase from a Website that was only a month old (didn't know that at the time).  This site has since closed down.  I made 2 different purchased from this website totaling 176.51.  I started down a fraudulent purchase case as they showed up in paypal as 2 different companies that are not related to where I made the purchase.  One listed as "ART DECO DAVE AUTO SERVICE, INC" and the other "PLANET BIOMEDICAL INC".  I contacted PayPal immediately about this.  The person I talked with said they cannot do anything about it I need to file a claim but need to wait until the payment has been completely processed by paypal before I can do anything.   They indicated I would be held responsible for payment even if I stopped it on my banks end.  I gathered all details I could within the website that was setup and started further research.  I was able to see other sites identical to this one registered and built with different graphics etc.  All other items remained exactly the same, processing completed.  I issued a complaint item not received, message was sent to "Vendor" email address "xug059 at 163.com"  "ART DECO DAVE AUTO SERVICE, INC" - they then gave a shipping component on the day of the complaint.  They provided a USPS tracking number - this showed it was being sent.  It shows it was received in my local zipcode, however no package or item was ever received even spoke with the mail carrier and they saw nothing.  The case has been closed by paypal, I am unable to appeal on this item.  The second order that was through same website etc... shows "PLANET BIOMEDICAL INC" email address "wjy391 at 163.com" this is still opened - how can I appeal or what can be done to appeal on the first one as an option isn't available and the second one will likely be the same issue.  USPS doesn't list the actual address the item was shipped too.  I have reached out to USPS to see if they can help further, but buyer protection doesn't appear to exist for these scams.  Please anyone that can assist on how to get this done that would be great!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

I have details requested however the facebook bot doesn't understand upload documents, submit documents or other variations I have figured out.  Can I please get more details how to add this document?

Login to Me Too

ToddP1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.I also purchased a couple of things from this web store and have just filed a claim via pp resolution center. I found this thread by searching for <removed> which is the only thing I have to go on other than <removed>. I hope I do not have to jump through as many hoops as you.

Login to Me Too

ToddP1
Contributor
Contributor

I am a scam victim of theirs also. They sent an empty box to an address in my town and submitted the tracking number on my claim. The fake package was sent a couple of days after I opened my claim with Paypal. I tried to explain to Paypal, but it was useless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.