Purchase protecting on item that was not received and website no longer exists...

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase from a Website that was only a month old (didn't know that at the time).  This site has since closed down.  I made 2 different purchased from this website totaling 176.51.  I started down a fraudulent purchase case as they showed up in paypal as 2 different companies that are not related to where I made the purchase.  One listed as "ART DECO DAVE AUTO SERVICE, INC" and the other "PLANET BIOMEDICAL INC".  I contacted PayPal immediately about this.  The person I talked with said they cannot do anything about it I need to file a claim but need to wait until the payment has been completely processed by paypal before I can do anything.   They indicated I would be held responsible for payment even if I stopped it on my banks end.  I gathered all details I could within the website that was setup and started further research.  I was able to see other sites identical to this one registered and built with different graphics etc.  All other items remained exactly the same, processing completed.  I issued a complaint item not received, message was sent to "Vendor" email address "xug059 at 163.com"  "ART DECO DAVE AUTO SERVICE, INC" - they then gave a shipping component on the day of the complaint.  They provided a USPS tracking number - this showed it was being sent.  It shows it was received in my local zipcode, however no package or item was ever received even spoke with the mail carrier and they saw nothing.  The case has been closed by paypal, I am unable to appeal on this item.  The second order that was through same website etc... shows "PLANET BIOMEDICAL INC" email address "wjy391 at 163.com" this is still opened - how can I appeal or what can be done to appeal on the first one as an option isn't available and the second one will likely be the same issue.  USPS doesn't list the actual address the item was shipped too.  I have reached out to USPS to see if they can help further, but buyer protection doesn't appear to exist for these scams.  Please anyone that can assist on how to get this done that would be great!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

I have also confirmed with USPS that the shipping address tied to this package was not to my location (they couldn't give me where it shipped to just that it wasn't the address linked from Paypal).  They also were able to give me the weight of the given item as 4 ounces and the address that was on the return address.  They also indicated it wasn't picked up at the resident address that was listed as the return address.

PayPal should be able to confirm the same details as they have my shipping address that was with the purchase.  They have the shipping details, it just shows it was delivered to my zipcode not my actual address.  

Login to Me Too

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Ranashi Thank you for using PayPal. Regarding your concern, we can help you in filing an appeal for your claim. We suggest for you to obtain first a documentation from USPS stating that the item was not delivered to your correct address. And then contact us (by sending a private message) via Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal Twitter (US): @AskPayPal  so we can provide you directions on how to submit or upload the documents and then we'll file an appeal for you. Once appeal has been filed, we'll send you an email for the update so please check it from time to time. Hope this helps. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

They will not provide me the address it was actually shipped too.  The told me PayPal needed to contact them to confirm it didn't go to the shipped to address.  As I wasn't the shipper they cannot give me the actual address through consumer services.  They can say - that is not the address this went too.  I have what the return address was on the shipping they can give that.  However they indicated it wasn't actually picked up at the residence it was just sent with that being the return details.  They were also able to give me the weight of the package at 4 ounces.  They were also able to confirm it wasn't shipping to the address I provided as the receiving address.  I asked if my local sheriffs office could get that information they said no it is a federal matter.  I asked if I contacted the postal general, they indicated I can do that however they cannot release that information.  Then they stated if PayPal contacts us with the expected shipping address we can tell them the same details we told you.  It did not go to that address, where it was shipped from and what the package weight was.  

Thank you

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey @Ranashi

Sorry for all this hassle you're having! I understand that the shipping company don't usually provide documents that confirm item not delivered in your address because of Privacy Law. However, they do provide Document that confirm item or tracking NOtlT delivered in your address(they will not provide any other personal address where it was delivered but they will write on the docs a statement saying it's not delivered on your address) . In USPS they call it as Intranet document. Im not sure tho what shipping company your tracking is related with. Shipping Customer service on the phone don't provide this docs, you will need to go physically on their branch near you. This might not be ideal for you and I personally apologize for this. One option you can do is, if this payment was funded and paid by your card or bank account linked in PayPal, you may contact them to look on options they can do as they do offer extra protections on your transactions. Hope this helps! Stay Safe. 

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

It was done via USPS, I didn't get where they shipped it from they just had the return address.  Would I need to contact where they shipped it from to get a document to say it wasn't delivered to my address?  Or do I contact the postal general office for that document?  do you know the document itself that they would have so I can reference the number for that document?  

Any more information would be welcomed.  It is difficult with things getting locked down and the time frame to appeal so I am going to do what I can.  Is there anyway to get e an extension on the appeal so all these details can be gathered as things are going into lock down further across the country now.

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Ranashi

Good thing its USPS. Here's what you need to do. Go to a USPS Branch near you and provide the Tracking Number and your ID. Tell to the person that you need an Intranet Document (It is a USPS docs they provide to confirm if tracking number is associated with you personal address). Scan the document so you can upload it.

We understand that there's a limited time for you to appeal the case and we will accept it if it will be a little bit delayed. You will need  to reach customer support to reopen the case and so you can upload the intranet document. 

***additional: no need to contact the person where it was shipped or where it was returned. We just need a document that will confirm that it was not delivered into your address

Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I will get that done ASAP and post here once I get that completed to update people that have seen this same advice.  

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

When trying to use the facebook help - it is asking to open a new dispute but I have already one that was done and I need to request it to be re-evaluated.  I have the intranet document that was requested.  This something they are not supposed to provide however the person at the counter agreed to get it for me.  I have it and want to appeal the first PayPal dispute as being closed.  As the item never went to my address and the document shows where it was shipped to.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Ranashi
Contributor
Contributor

@WarrenPink or @dparinas do you have more information on how I can get that document attached or where I can send it?  or key words to make the facebook messenger link me too this?  Time is running out on this claim and I feel I should have protection, I have gotten the documentation - I have posted requesting help to open an appeal however still cannot open it and don't know where to send the documentation.  I cannot get anyone on a phone right now so kind of feeling frustrated and loosing hope in buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.