Product supplied different than the one ordered.

Amcreed
Contributor
Contributor

Hi;

Through FB advertisement a certain company advertised for a Gaming Laptop for $29.99 and $6.99 for shipping with a total of $36.98 in the month of February 2021. I made payment to the supplier through PAYPAL and I received an email from the supplier that he has received the order and will be shipping the product soon. However, after waiting for nearly 40 days I received the product but it was not computer but a hand towel. I have informed the Supplier about it and he informed me that due to some mistake on their part, the wrong product got shipped and he is willing to refund me 50% of the cost or send back the hand towel through tracking registered mail to claim the full refund. However, in order to send it as tracking registered mail I need to spend another $12/- which I never did instead I send it as normal post. However, when I claimed the full refund from PAYPAL they informed me to give tracking details of hand towel. I have informed PAYPAL that in order to get tracking details of the product returned, I need to spend another $12/- instead I have told them that I send it through normal post. I have given screen shots of the original order, the hand towel I received and parcel of the hand towel I returned. Now PAYPAL is saying that I claimed the refund as an UNAUTHORISED TRANSACTION which I never did. I am claiming the refund as the product differed from the original product.  It is strange on PAYPAL part to deny my refund.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amcreed 

If you did win a dispute for item received but not as described then you would have to provide paypal with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to the seller before you received any refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.