Preapproved Payments fraud but it was used in unknown account

ninhnt285

Hello,

Today, I was charged by godaddy with $18.17 for recurring a domain name that I never bought. After search a lot, I found the issue is from Preapproved Payments in Paypal. I found that it is Godaddy payment methods (because the name is the same with Billing ID in Paypal). Search that Billing ID in emails, paypal and godaddy, I found that:

- The last payment was made in my Godaddy account was in 2016 and Godaddy history said that, too. After that payment, I deleted all domains and services at Godaddy but forgot to delete all payments.

- The today's payment has the same ID of Preapproved Payment and Paypal used it to charge money. But that domain is not from my account and I didn't see any payment history mentioned it in Godaddy. After contact Paypal, they said it's not unauthorized activity. Then contact to Godaddy support, they said it's from other account and can't support me.

So my paypal or godaddy was hacked or not? Why a billing ID can use in 2 different Godaddy accounts? Who should I contact to resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

amokduke
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I brought software from MyCommerce Share-it, an authorized reseller of MINITOOL SOFTWARE LIMITED. It is a Partition Wizard which I only intend to for one-time use last year.

I received an email two days ago stating that my subscription is due for renewal and they charged me for another year. I was shocked and immediately login to myCommerce website link in the email; and surprise to find that the software order is not available for me to view. There are other software which I brought and I can get details of. But not this subscription.

Now I am stuck. This software is just going to charge me yearly till I die and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I raised a ticket in the resolution centre but it was "automatically" resolved with a canned message that the transaction is authorized. 

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.