Power Source Technology Ltd. - has anyone solved a dispute with this company fraudulent company?

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Hope this message finds all of you well.

It's been a tough time since the pandemic started, but it's tougher with situations like this: the company mentioned is scamming people throughout Europe (at least), creating semi fake websites using the countries native language (when it fact has its headquarters and operates fully from China), selling apparent official Apple products when in fact they are cheap, bad quality Apple counterfeits - they are nowhere near an original adaptor, nor they work like one. The product I got was nothing like the description, it does not work, it's not supposed to work. After a quick google search I noticed how this company branches into other small businesses, repeating the same modus operandi to lure people into buying what they think is cheap official chargers and instead scamming them (most of them, from what I understood, don't even get their hands on the products they buy). The vast majority of the reviews were 1* rated, alerting the scams this company perpetuates. After this, I started a dispute with the company in question, and they not only kept the conversation to a minimum, avoiding answering my questions about the nature of the company. I also asked for a contribution in the shipping cost, since shipping the product back to China is super expensive (from my calculations, it should surpass 40 euros) and they just repeated "so sorry we can do nothing, company rules states the buyer pays the shipping fees". Also, the website from which I purchased was taken down after the week where I made my purchase, which leads me to believe this is a common practice from the company in question.

What Paypal did basically was the same request as the company: they want the product back before making a refund. What is this? A normal company would acknowledge its mistake. None was acknowledged. To ship the product back I have to spend almost double of what I spent on the product, making this decision simply unviable. Paypal's protection only ensures that 30e will be guaranteed, making me losing money either way. I was seriously hoping Paypal would detect the scam and fraudulence behind this company but I don't think it's anywhere near this goal. 

In conclusion, it's been a really tough dispute because I suppose the company, on their side, is doing everything possible to keep their image clean, albeit they have loads of negative reviews and people affirming it's clearly a scam from a Chinese company. I just want my money back and it's just absurd that I have to ship a fraudulent piece of plastic back to China to get my 30 euros back. Please let me know if you had any trouble with them and if there's anything I can do to get this dispute solved and to keep this company from stealing people's money. 

If you need any sort of proof for these claims I have screen caps and photos of the product I can upload (they have been shared in the resolution centre and with the company as well). 

Thank you for your time

keep safe 

Tomás

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that this thread gets more testimonies like this one. Maybe there'll be a chance of Paypal doing the right thing.

Thank you

Tomás

Login to Me Too

Yaraja
Contributor
Contributor
I’m still waiting to see what will PayPal do with my dispute. In my case I didn’t even get the item
Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

In that case you will most surely get the money back. I think these issues are dealing more with the fact that they send fraudulent, bootleg versions of what they claim they sell and then Paypal basically forces you to get the item back to them to get the refund.

Best of luck

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Bought a laptop charger for £14.95 but it arrived faulty & didn't work. Power Source Technology insisted it was returned (from UK to China) at my expense.

I queried this but they were insistant that I had to pay the return shipping costs. Couldn't even give me a prepaid label. It would have almost cost me as much as the item was worth.

I expected Paypal to side with me but they were no help whatsoever. All I got was auto-generated emails from Paypal telling me to return the item and supply the seller with tracking details.

In the end because I didn't send the charger back within the allotted time Paypal closed the case down and the seller won.

Very poor service from both Power Source Technology and Paypal.

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation as me. Thanks for sharing, we'll see if this gets big enough so it catches Paypal's attention...

best of luck

Login to Me Too

c_smith1
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same problem for me.  I purchased a "Genuine Lenovo 45w" laptop adaptor from the company https://www.adapters-shop.co.uk/

which has an address in the UK and uses the Power Source Technology Ltd Paypal account.  

About a week and a half later I received a recorded delivery package with a different UK return address.  The adaptor was not as described, it was a 65w charger and was not genuine, it was clearly a compatible with no Lenovo branding or serial number.  

The "Adapters Shop" did not respond to emails so I raised a Paypal dispute.  I was then notified via the resolutions centre that the seller would provide me with a full refund but I must return the item to a Chinese address, written in Chinese characters that I can't even read, and respond when I had tracking information to prove it was returned.  I'm not prepared to return the item to China, which is probably another scam anyway, when the item was sent to me from the UK.  

I have no other way to respond to the dispute other than "upload tracking information", which is poor from Paypal.  Anyway, Paypal clearly know about these scammers but are doing nothing about it and I'm not getting messed about for months when I am the victim of this scam.  If they want the fake, probably unsafe charger back they can send me a pre-paid label and I will post it to them at whichever scammer address they want it sent to.  Meantime, I'm contacting my credit card company to initiate a Chargeback as I should not be the one out of pocket here.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Don’t know about you but I am as much disappointed with PayPal’s lack of help as the rogue seller. I think PayPal could (and should) have done so much more. Does anyone from Paypal even read this? It seems not.
Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same feelings here... What's worse is that they backed these websites that were basically portals for scamming people. I looked into the website originally and found it trustworthy because it was backed by Paypal... it all went on to a huge disappointment. And yes, the silence from Paypal speaks volumes. Let's hope people continue replying to this thread so maybe it gets big and catches the staff's attention.

Thanks for sharing

Login to Me Too

ganzzza
Contributor
Contributor

Hello c_smith

Thanks for sharing

The least we can do now is share our stories and hope for some kind of retribution. Maybe Paypal will read all of these complaints and figure out a solution for all of us.

Best of luck

Login to Me Too

royrokit
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure anyone with any authority even considers these post  I would imagine they just allow this part of the Company so people can let off steam. I don't have much confidence at this point, in PayPal or the possibility of recovering the money. Maybe the Bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.