Poor service

maputoboer
New Community Member

Morning

Not sure if you all feel the same

I have been a customer with PayPal for more than 20 years, but lately PayPal are not very good in protecting my purchases. When you purchase something then the suppliers will send you any crap, when you load a dispute, then PayPal say send it back for a refund. Most of the time the return cost is more than the purchase and the supplier just play innocent and say they never received. 

We end up loosing the dispute, this is really sad that PayPal is becoming part of the scam and we are the loosing side. I hope that PayPal see through this latest supplier scam coming mostly from Facebook and really step up to protect our purchases

Thanks for the disputes that we won, but lately they few and far apart

regards

concerned PayPal user

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snap6
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I have the same issue now. Sketchy China seller with really legit site... sent me crap for pretty high prices (another reason I thought it was legit). Now I have to send it back to China in order to get my refund. I had no idea it was coming from China or I would have never bought it. Now I’m going to be out of $30 to send it back.... I paid $125 so I’m going to do it but it sucks. PayPal should make these sellers who do not say on their sites that they are sending from China provide a US address to send things back or not require it. I’m truly upset.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maputoboer 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Did you activate the 'return shipping on us' link to claim return shipping costs?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Snap6
Contributor
Contributor
If it’s that easy for me to spot them then seems to me it would be just as easy for PayPal to spot them. There are many American companies that don’t prominently display phone numbers or don’t have them at all. I’m pretty good at spotting these but this one wasn’t a Facebook company... and it’s prices were FAR from discount that is why I’m upset. I don’t engage in those “discount” companies so I rely on PayPal when I need them like in this situation. In over 10 years using PayPal I have only had to dispute things THREE times bc I’m discerning. I don’t know why so many people have to get scammed before PayPal does something.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.