Pending Authorization but need to cancel it before Completed due to Fraudulent Website.

danash2018
New Community Member

Hi: Can someone help out on this? I purchased something from CongentLucys website using Paypal, but the payment seems to be payable to voyagerwind, which seems to be another fraudulent website (DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THESE). I decided to cancel the order, but as usual, Paypal does not have that option for the "Pending Authorization" transaction type. I looked at the credit card's payment status through my bank's website but payment still appears as in process; not yet charged, but probably will. I tried contacting the company for cancelling the order before they process it; if they ever will; but no answer. I wouldn't want to wait 30 days to see if the transaction expires; I wan't to stop it from getting to the Completed status, but can't seem to find out how. Already contacted my bank and they told me that they can open a case only when the transaction is Completed. JUST WHAT I DONT WANT. Please help and comment if you've experienced a similar issue and how did you resolve it. Appreciate it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danash2018 

Sorry, an authorization is an agreement to pay merchant. Only merchant can release you from it. Once the payment becomes a charge, ask seller for refund or file a PayPal dispute to request a refund. That's how it works. Whatever you do, do not file unauthorized payment, that is for only when someone broke into your PayPal account and did something. Even if the seller responded and canceled order, the authorization will remain until expiration.

You can read more about how A2C works:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/auth-capture/

The merchant can void an authorization too but that depends on how familiar with AC2 they are and the wherewithal to use it if that option is available to them instead of the cancel option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alysiamv
New Community Member
I have had the same experience on the same website. Should have trusted my gut. PayPal will not help me stop payment.
Login to Me Too

greateyes4u
New Community Member

Obviously, there are several events over a long period of time involving fraudulent activity regarding voyagerwind's PayPal activities.  I am also in this same boat.  PayPal - Please step up and facilitate proper actions necessary to cease voyagerwind's activities from continuing.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

jdw13
New Community Member

I am having trouble with the same site, I wish pay pal would help more with this issue. I thought that was one of the benefits of using paypal was to fight companies like this when sending payments. This company needs a warning from paypal if possible,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.