Paypal used by scam companies to draw people in as a secure way to pay.

Mikk44
Contributor
Contributor

There are several companies on Facebook running selling scams using Paypal as one of the payment options. Paypal have complaints about these companies but allow them to continue using the Paypal platform to run their scams. Why are Paypal so slow to react.

Their is currently a company called FASTDEKA advertising a model engine. There are great colour pictures showing you all the parts, putting it together, the finished model and clips of it working. It advertises the price and how it can be used as an educational model etc. Then there is a very small picture of a little cheap electric motor randomly added at the bottom. The Payment page has a picture of the impressive model, then in small print says something like "single motor". If you send your money you get a small electric motor worth practically nothing. There are others showing a large interactive electronic spider. What you actually receive is a small plastic spider you would get out of a cracker, worth about 10p, but has cost you £20. Why is this allowed to continue with Paypal as the payment method?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mikk44 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sharnese1
Contributor
Contributor

It would seem like I have been scammed too, I ordered a dog bath that was advertised on Facebook, everything looks okay, had an e mail saying it was being dispatched a few days ago, it gave a tracking number and UPS as  the  couriers, but of course it doesn't exist, this was from 

FASTDEKA too.

Login to Me Too

PhilipSL
Contributor
Contributor

I found another website looks the same as the FASTDEKA Selling the same fraud engine product.
I applied for a refund from PayPal and reporting the website as a fraud.

This is the same website as  FASTDEKA But a different name: LOVEKALEM.

https://fastdeka.com/products/4-cylinder-full-metal-car-engine-assembly-kit-model-toys-for-adults?va...

https://lovekalem.com/products/4-cylinder-full-metal-car-engine-assembly-kit-model-toys-for-adults?v...

Same thing on LOVEKALEM.
They targeted me as a maker hobbyist and sent me a bag of plastic parts instead of the metal engine they advertised.

If anybody can instruct me on how to report about this website to PayPal so people won't be frauded.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.