Paypal took money from me twice

flower4121
Contributor
Contributor

ok so there was a mix up and I ended up with a -$16 balance on my paypal, I quickly requested a transfer of $16 from my bank account to get the balance back to normal 0. it said it would arrive by april 9th. on april 2nd, paypal took $16 from my account TWICE. 3 problems with that:

1. I gave permission to take it once not twice.

2. I had $18 for the expected $16 withdraw from paypal so when they tried to do it twice it caused my bank account total to go to negative and I was charged an NSF fee thanks to paypal, and then paypal returned the second $16 saying insufficient funds, but it still had took the first $16 and I still had the NSF charge.

3. even after all that I go to my paypal account and it still has the transfer request there and shows the money hasn't gone through yet and yet they already took my money.

so they took $16 from me, tried to do it twice and got me an NSF charge of $45, and my paypal balance is still negative. I have sent them an email through contact us. 

has this ever happened to anyone? what the heck do I do now?!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @flower4121,

I'm so sorry to hear that there was a billing issue in your PayPal account. Please follow that link for information regarding the best way to open a dispute on the erroneous charge, so that it can be investigated and resolved. Make sure that you do not select "unauthorized" as the reason for the dispute, as that dispute type is reserved for situations where your account was accessed by a third party.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.