Paypal payments from Rip-off company Blackboom Internet Technologies

Wrangler89
New Community Member

I am concerned when I purchased an item through Kohlsheart and only after paying through Paypal does it say in tiny print Blackboom Internet Technologlies, sadly after I made the purchase did I discover this.  They start with one company name, use paypal to collect their money and end up with another company name.  Long story short, it was a pop-up ad on Facebook, I stupidly fell for it and ordered some items only to find out that now Paypal says they have no record of the transaction but as I am looking at my on-line bank statement it says PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 3/1 THROUGH PAYPAL so if that is not Paypal I would like to know who it is using their logo and name. Now some $60 later I cannot contact this Blackboom and Paypal is telling me they have no record.  Luckily I can call my bank and report the FRAUD and they will give me the money back.  Just beware and don't be taken in by these charming ads like I was. 

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

julie61af1
Contributor
Contributor
Blackboom internet technologies ripped me off too. I placed an order from a pop up on Facebook, didn't get anything in the mail, my PayPal account lists this Blackboom internet technologies as having received my money. How can I get my money back?
Login to Me Too

Facebookscam
Contributor
Contributor

Immediately file a claim with PayPal stating NEVER RECEIVED.

Also, I received a response from the seller regarding my complaint I filed. The seller (Blackboom) advised me to close the case and then they would refund me 20% of my purchase...DO NOT EVER DO THIS!

Once you close a case with PayPal, PayPal can no longer help you!

Complain to PayPal (first via filing a claim, then call PayPal) about how much fraud is taking place with this seller, and PayPal May offer you a $30 credit towards RETURN SHIPPING. I am taking that route as the seller advised me to return the goods at my expense. From other complaints I have read about Blackboom on PayPal, the tracking number to Ch8na becomes defunct once it hits a certain area of China, hence there is NO RETURN TRACKING PROVIDED. 

PayPal advised me to take actual photos of the return customs form(s) and send to them once shipped/mailed as a return, and PayPal May then refund up to $30 of your return shipping paid.

AGAIN, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!! TORAL NIGHTMARE, as they make you believe they are in NYC when in fact the6 are in China.

AVOID THIS SELLER AT ALL COST!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

a660043
Contributor
Contributor

I was stupid enough to order from Blackboom.  Have not received my item.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@a660043 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mdonohue75
Contributor
Contributor
Just spent 45 minutes with PayPal and they don’t care!!! Black boom sells under various name same scam every time (mine was called Apple Shy but I have found at least 5 other names and complaints to PayPal about this scam so PayPal knows!!) Obviously PayPal only cares about big money sellers and they are to my mind actively colluding with this fraudulent company! Perhaps the nyc ag might be interested as these fraudulent small fronts for Blackboom present pop up ads that say they are in ny or no.
Login to Me Too

mdonohue75
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t bother I tried all that. PayPal does not listen to defrauded buyers!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mdonohue75 

Nevermind Paypal as i said in my above dispute if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card (a must in my opinion as it gives you a second level of protection) then do a chargeback?

Even your bank sometimes does a chargeback if you used a debit card as a 'goodwill gesture' so worth asking.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DWinVA
New Community Member
I thought I was ordering summer dresses from PopTwice of which there is no record. I should have known better and immediately became suspicious when I saw Blackboom Internet Information Technology Co. Info on my confirmation from PayPal. I also found an email address which I did send a rather terse email to. I hope somehow to recover my purchase amount and will stick with local purchases from now on.
Login to Me Too

Lynsta68
New Community Member
I have been ripped off to on the 1/01/2020 $99.31 BLACKBOOMHK 30/12 reference 0101001049991
Login to Me Too

Ledmo90
Contributor
Contributor

I did receive my refund, you must return the merchandise. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.