Paypal* <removed> LU

lemon-coffee
New Community Member

I believe I am not the first one have this issues. An unrecogonized transaction £194.49 has been taken from my bank account with the description "Paypal Chinateleco LU". When I contacted the customer serivce, the staff sounds knows this situation very well. But when I asked why so many people have his issue, she answered: "I have no idea. We have to trace and check." Repeat over and over again! 

I registed my paypal in 2011 and have never used it for shopping, and not even login to my account for ages. I cannot remember my password, and have to change a new one today to longin and check my transaction history. However the customer service lady said I modified my paypal account on 1st June which was exactly the date of the strange transaction! 

Furthermore, I used my Natwest bank to register, but the trasaction was taken from my Santandar account! How can Paypal get my Santandar details, as I did not add or modify my profile? Even if someone stole my card which is still in my walt safely, how can he get into my paypal account so easily, and modify my information? And when I logon to my account, all details are still the same? This is very unormal, and I need a expaination! How can paypal make this happen so many times on your customer? How can I trust you again? 

Dear paypal staffs, please do not say you are not ware of this situation happens again and again! Search "<removed>" and you will find how long the result list will be! 

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

CGS1

Checked my business bank account and had the same problem. Better I will delete PayPal

Login to Me Too

Daftoldcow
New Community Member

I have also had some money taken from my bank account regarding a transaction using the same retailer location. It reads PAYPAL*FLINTOFTIRO. This transaction does not appear in my Paypal account. It would appear that someone has linked their Paypal account to my bank account. And this is supposed to be a safe secure way to pay? I think not!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

VikingCraft
New Community Member

I thought i had £98 taken from my account, googled the description which was "PAYPAL *ALEXDIGWEED <removed> GB" so found this thread then realised i had another with the same number but a different company name "PAYPAL *AZCARBIDE <removed> GB". at this point i remebered what both transactions where. so it seems to me  <removed> GB is just a standard processing code for paypal transactions paid directly with your card. so for some of us it might be worth just really thinking back and checking it isnt something you bought and forgot.

Login to Me Too

fgarceo
Contributor
Contributor

it's not a paypal issue, you have to put the claim on the bank. its a bank card fraud like when you have your card clonned. I had the same situation and finally went to the bank and filed a complaint

Login to Me Too

trevorblunn
New Community Member

Seems to be a problem with Santander - we had three payments from our Santander business account. All for small amounts £22 - £40. All taken by a paypal user - nothing to do with my paypal transactions or my partners'. We have no record of these transactions. When my partner rang up Paypal they suggested that I had been defrauding her and asked if she wanted to launch fraud proceedings against me. Anyway - seems like this is around £100 per complaint - times 144 records on this thread alone - that's 14,000 quid in someones pocket and Paypay don't want to know. Next step call the police....

Login to Me Too

arrente
New Community Member

I dont know who this is either. What do we do about ti?

Login to Me Too

neo_geo

I had same issue. Fortunately payment was rejected, because there was no money in my account. In my bank account I see PAYPAL *CANTIUMTRAD <removed> GB. In PayPal account I see nothihg.

I deleted this card from PayPal and changed password, but I can not trust them anymore

Login to Me Too

matisrei

Same here, money taken by  PAYPAL *SPA1011       \\<removed>  \L2449

Login to Me Too

SierraDave
New Community Member

My charge was the same number but the tag “GB” after the number.

Login to Me Too

yoni12
New Community Member

I have the same problem
They also took from me $ 79.99
From that tax house business
uk<removed>
Is it theft or sting?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.