Paypal* <removed> LU

lemon-coffee
New Community Member

I believe I am not the first one have this issues. An unrecogonized transaction £194.49 has been taken from my bank account with the description "Paypal Chinateleco LU". When I contacted the customer serivce, the staff sounds knows this situation very well. But when I asked why so many people have his issue, she answered: "I have no idea. We have to trace and check." Repeat over and over again! 

I registed my paypal in 2011 and have never used it for shopping, and not even login to my account for ages. I cannot remember my password, and have to change a new one today to longin and check my transaction history. However the customer service lady said I modified my paypal account on 1st June which was exactly the date of the strange transaction! 

Furthermore, I used my Natwest bank to register, but the trasaction was taken from my Santandar account! How can Paypal get my Santandar details, as I did not add or modify my profile? Even if someone stole my card which is still in my walt safely, how can he get into my paypal account so easily, and modify my information? And when I logon to my account, all details are still the same? This is very unormal, and I need a expaination! How can paypal make this happen so many times on your customer? How can I trust you again? 

Dear paypal staffs, please do not say you are not ware of this situation happens again and again! Search "<removed>" and you will find how long the result list will be! 

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76

Macifra13l
Contributor
Contributor

Mike_net
New Community Member

Hello PayPal,

I am writing as I am preparing my Tax return for 2016-2017 & my Accountant has asked about a transaction that appears on my American Express card (AMEX) as follows:

May 31st 2017    PayPal *EPA 35314369001   $189.00

I have checked each of our family PayPal accounts.
NONE of these accounts show a transaction in PayPal for $189 payment to *EPA 35314369001, HOWEVER, my AMEX has been charged!

Can you please advise urgently if this is a fraudulent charge as I have found over 300 comments stating that various people have had the same reference number (35314369001) deduct funds from either their Bank account or Credit card!

Many thanks
Sincerely,

Michael

Login to Me Too

mavakoul
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I tried report about my problem, but then I see this:

Unauthorized transactions
Error Message

The following Transaction IDs are not valid: 6RL95304MF8080716

• 6RL95304MF8080716
  • 6RL95304MF8080716 - The following Transaction IDs are not valid:

...while the transaction ID is right? What is the problem name?

And how I put up with the problem named AliazCooper? 

regards; Margarita

Login to Me Too

jamesc712

Hello

I hope that this is helpful; my account was reatricted because of suspicious activity on 11 March. Just an hour ago, immediately after removing the restriction Ihad a missed call on the mobile associated with my account from +<removed>

Login to Me Too

guillem
New Community Member

-->>>>Paypal *g2acomlimit 35314<<<<<---- FRAUD

50$ dolars stolen from my account today. 

Login to Me Too

PaulHallett
New Community Member

Just to clarify issues, I too had this issue and what it comes down to is a payment for an item on ebay, which is channelled through Luxembourg accounts (obviously for their wonderful tax arrangement with this titan of a country).

Just spent 30 minutes sorting it out.

Login to Me Too

Deany1
Hi my husband had same issue with the same company its showed transaction on bank statement but not on paypal activity I contacred the bank and they contacted police and fraud team then cancelled my bank card they assured me i wil get my money back then I contacted paypal and they informed me there is more people that are contacring them regarding the same company sorry to tell u ur paypal has been hacked and rhey have cleared ur activity same as they have done this before u will get a full refund once paypal has investigated
Login to Me Too

Lilalleycatt06
New Community Member
This happened to me toon
Login to Me Too

Tweety007
New Community Member

I am also having the same issue.

I have a transaction showing from "<removed>" in US currency that I didn't make.  How do we get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tweety007

File for an unauthorised transaction via the "resolve a problem link" on your paypal summary page.

Change your passwords.

Do a virus scan on your computer.

Check the bank account / cards in your paypal wallet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.