Paypal keeps asking for SS, even though I gave it TWICE?

HeatherGilliam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. I'm asking the community because Paypal customer service has been generally unhelpful in solving the issue or giving me accurate information. Or, well, getting back to me at all, in the case of the "email" function.

Last month saw a limitation was on my account. I can do everything except send money from my bank to my Paypal. Customer service linked me to where I could upload items, and said all I needed to so was give my driver's license, my social security, and proof of address. Did that. 3 days later got an e-mail saying they needed more info. "A copy of your social security card, W-2 or pay stub. If you don't have access to any of these documents, you can go to your local Social Security Office and request a letter verifying your Social Security number that they will date, sign, and stamp."

So I send the same documents a second time. Week goes by. I decided to ask customer service if they could tell me what was the issue the first time. Customer service said the images were "too hard to read," even though they were clear images with good lighting. I could read the numbers and words easy on a phone, not sure why they were so difficult to see on a computer. But I digress. I asked the representative if I should send copies with even brighter lights and even closer (if possible) to the documents. He said no. Then Customer service said they would put my second set of images into the review, so they'd be looked at. Got an email at 4am that day saying the EXACT same thing about needing my social.

So here I am, now sending 1. a brighter copy of the social 2. the same bill as the first time 3. a pay stub + deposit receipt (with my new address, so probably not valid for this. Can't change address until limitation is up sadly) 4. my birth certificate 5. the same drivers license.

I'm being pretty over kill at this point. My question is... has anyone dealt with this issue before, where they just keep asking for the same thing over and over no matter how many times you send it? If so, how did you finally get it fixed? Cause I'm getting pretty tried of having to get into the Paypal chat just to get any information on the issue, especially when said info feels only half correct.

EDIT: and let me note that even though my account is limited, there are NO CASES open in my resolution center. When you google "upload images to paypal," it says ti upload them via the resolution center in the case presented. I don't see a case at all, despite the limitation. I've been uploading via the link a customer service representative gave me: https://www.paypal.com/il/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_file-upload-or-fax-outside-resolution-centre&file_uplo...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Davie310
New Community Member

So sad PayPal a **bleep** company don't even respond... I have the same problem need it fixed ASAP. Wtf is wrong with Payapal. 

Login to Me Too

HeatherGilliam
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Davie,

I ended up getting it fixed... but I had to use the customer service call line since the chat services were sending me on a wild goose chase. After calling them instead someone looked at the documents while I was on the phone with them and pretty much fixed my issue automatically. So I had been running around trying to fix it for weeks, but for some reason one phone call was the solution. It was really annoying and weird. Anyways I hope that helps because I was really irritated when I had to deal with this issue too

Login to Me Too

ShutterGunner
Contributor
Contributor

How did you call somebody? Their phone support is totally offline.

Login to Me Too

HeatherGilliam
Contributor
Contributor

It was in 2018 when I had the issue, their phone line was active at that time. Surely they should still have a number somewhere to call on this website, but it's possible that their call centers may have been impacted by covid-19. So I'm afraid I wouldn't know why they were offline, otherwise 😞 Maybe use the chats to ask if they have a different number to call

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.