Paypal is no real help in resolutions

onefineseamstre
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is of no real help in resolutions.   They hold cases open for months on end   for the pure crap that China is flooding our fb pages with.  I contacted the company before ordering  because I was not about to order from China, knowing that the merchandise would not be worth it and cheap.  The company   FLAT OUT LIED TO ME.   saying their merchandise is made in a number of different places...  BUT that they were located in California and items were shipped from California.   BULL.   The "coat" I ordered was  cheap crap made in china,  I waited months,  for this "winter coat"   That was really made in china, A winter coat with NO lining, made of a cheap cotton and not like the one pictured.   The one pictured clearly showed a texture that appeared to be a "woolish"  fabric or wool blend,  The thickness/fuzz of the texture clearly was not woven cotton.  The flowering trim appeared to be embroider.  As a long standing tailor, I know my fabrics, stitching and know what to look for.   FIRST the coat was shipped here from China.   It took them weeks to even process the order, then weeks to ship, then more to actually get it into their mail system.   What winter coat has no lining? and is made of cheap cotton?   That embroider  was not embroider  but cheaply stamped onto the outer layer.    The right sleeve is 1/2 in longer than the left sleeve and because of the stamped on embroider,  the only way to shorten the sleeve 1/2 inch is to take the whole sleeve out at the shoulder  cut it down and reset it.   Do you know what a tailoring shop would charge to do that???  Not cheap.   The size runs small and there is nothing to let out in the seams...   It cost a fortune to return the cheap rag to china, and then  they aren't about to refund the postage I'd have to spend on it.  I seriously doubt they would even give me a refund.  and being from China I have no recourse except to take the loss.                                                  I understand paypal   is now operating in china.      No wonder they are no real help,  They can't be, they'd loose the money they make by being in bed with China                 Facebook needs to stop  allowing the flooding of all this cheap chinese crap.         I'm done.   Will never buy anything off FB again because  my money is not safe with paypal,  they back liars  and fb promotes them    All you get from paypal  on disputes in the end is case closed and no way to respond...In fact there is a statement saying "DO NOT RESPOND "  ;o(

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@onefineseamstre 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Of course they are going to lie to you, they are scam companies so you need to do your own research.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win non receipt of item claims.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs if you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.