Paypal, eBay Global Shipping Program, Lost parcel

nansun
Contributor
Contributor

We sold an item on eBay and it was shipped using eBay Global Shipping Program (GSP) from the USA to the buyer in the UK in July 2020.

After a month the buyer open an item not received case with eBay, I provided the tracking number and it shows that the item was delivered successfully to eBay shipping center at Elanger on August 5th.  GSP should cover for the lost item.  However, the buyer closed the case by mistake before it was resolved by eBay GSP.  eBay GSP refused to refund the buyer and said advised us that it was not seller's fault and asked us to ignore the buyer's demand.

The buyer went to claim an item not received via Paypal and Paypal ruled in favour of the buyer and we were charged for the item plus $20 chargedback fee.  I contacted eBay GSP for assistance.  I was told by eBay that "the GSP team can't step in on this decision, since this isn't a GSP related decision. This is a decision that PayPal made as a payment provider to their buyer, and as such GSP is not involved because the decision was not made by eBay."  Paypal does not allow me to dispute the charge.

Please could you advise.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nansun 

The decision would not have been made by paypal either if you were charged a $20 fee.

That means the buyer initiated the paypal dispute directly via their credit card issuer.

In that chargeback situation the card issuer makes decisions for their client (your buyer) and all paypal can do is pass on any information you supply on your behalf.

If the buyer wins then the credit card company charge you their processing fee ($20).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.