Paypal didn't protect from scam

Ahmedalfarsi2
Contributor
Contributor
Dispute Case ID: PP-D-106952842  It was very clear condition A strange website claims to sell a dining table with chairs for $ 25 and a running machine for the same price And give me discount table and running machine for 26$. I don't believe but since I pay by PayPal I thought I was protected in case of scam. But I was totally rong. I received cheap hat not costing more than 2$. I open case in paypal since the seller refused to give me full refund. I have sent all details and pictures showing what I bought and what I received. The seller said it was a mistake sending you a hat instead of table . Paypal asked me crippling requests. bring a report from a government agency that proves that I have been defrauded.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Ahmedalfarsi2, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the claim decision. Our claims process is an arbitration service we offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers, but as you can imagine, it's extremely difficult for us to reach a decision that satisfies all parties. We deal with all cases objectively and with the intention of making a fair decision based on verifiable information which is available at the time. In general, you have 10 days to appeal if new information is presented. Go to your Resolution Centre and under 'Resolution Centre Cases' select Closed cases in the drop-down menu and find the claim. Under 'Action', click Appeal and provide the additional information. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Ahmedalfarsi2
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I do not have any further information. The case is not complicated. The site is fraudulent, you can easily discover that ( <Removed> ) . They can't sell you a big table for eight people with chairs and a treadmill for $ 27 with international shipping. Then I showed with the picture and the tracking number that I got a very cheap hat. The seller did not deny this and claimed it in error. My country in which I live does not have a governmental or commercial entity specialized in cybercrime. I took refuge in PayPal for its famous reputation. But I was wrong

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.