Paypal allows deceptive practices with no recourse for customers

abusedcustomer3
New Community Member

I ordered product from a Chinese company.  This company was deceptive in ther advertising and does not carry the product advertised.  Instead, they shipped worthless trash and took my money.  When a dispute was opened, the DRC's solution is for me to ship the trash back to China at my expense, and if the seller acknowledges receipt, then I can get my refund.  The cost to ship anything back to China exceeds the cost of the original product.  Paypal is in league with these deceptive sellers and does not offer any real support for customer protection.  Since I cannot complete this transaction (due to expense or dependance on a deceptive seller to acknowledge receipt and therefore have to give a refund), th deceptive seller gets my money and Paypal gets their commission.  

Anyone else ripped off by Paypal like this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Joshue_M
New Community Member

I think it is happening all the time right now and is a problem for paypal.  They are not living up to the protections we expect from them when scammed with bait and switch from international sellers.  They are not stopping these companies from using paypal and are now stuck trying to resolve all the disputed transactions.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230524CI
Contributor
Contributor
I have found if you buy through ebay, the risk is lower. Paypal is no longer owned by ebay since 2015 and thats where the issues start. The 3% fee we all pay as buyers is completely useless. I just lost $500 on buying an item deemed to be genuine and is a counterfeit. The seller got away by not replying to Paypal at all so now the case is closed. They are still selling counterfeit goods as genuine. I'm definitely not the only one. I thought PayPal would cover me for this but it doesn't cover anything after Ebay sold it. I am emptying my PayPal account and closing it down.
Login to Me Too

nanapenny
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Yes same here! DISGUSTED with PP, I've done everything correctly & they give NO help at all, have provided photo's, explanations, all info requested but get nowhere! I think PP are WORSE than the Chinese scammers! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.